Restaurants in Nijmegen
- De Grut (Berg en Dalseweg 236). Nice menu.
- Lef (Dommer van Poldersveldtweg 71). A new and popular restaurant.
- Café Eten en Drinken (Groesbeeksedwarsweg 305). Good food and low prices and it's popular among students.
Pubs in Nijmegen
- Café Jos (Daalseweg 309). A great and huge selection of beers, but also some good wines and distillates.
- Café Maxim (Burghardt van den Berghstraat 87-89). Nice and popular bar in a cozy part of Nijmegen.
Further recommendationsCycling in the surrounding area. It is possible to rent a bike at the hotel Erica and explore the typical Dutch surroundings via typical Dutch transport.
Nijmegen center (map) The city of Nijmegen is the oldest city of the Netherlands, and though the old center was mostly destroyed during the second world war, there are still some beautiful old buildings to see, mostly centered around “De Grote Markt”.
Museum Het Valkhof (opened Tuesday till Sunday 11:00-17:00, closed on Mondays). Museum Het Valkhof houses a major collection of Roman antiquities, old masters, and modern art. It is the most important museum of Nijmegen and located at the edge of the historic Valkhof Park.
More touristic information can be found here.